top of page


There are a number of convenient ways to fund your education. Sherrill’s University is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and approved by the U.S. Department of Education to provide the following financial assistance programs to students who qualify; Federal Pell Grant Program, Federal Direct Loan Program, FSEOG Grant Program, and FDSLP PLUS Program.

Our administrative staff is available and will be eager to assist you through the application process. However, if you choose to begin the process on your own, the following steps will help you successfully complete the process.

In order to participate in the above-mentioned financial assistance programs, you will first need to complete the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA). There are 5 steps to that process:

  1. Apply for a FSA ID.


    • The FSA ID allows you to sign your FAFSA. You and your parents (if you are a dependent student) must have separate FSA ID’s to sign the FAFSA online.

    • Apply for your FSA ID at

  2. Complete the online FAFSA at

  3. Select Sherrill’s University of Barber and Cosmetology as your preferred school by entering our Federal School Code: 042276.

  4. Use option to upload your taxes if possible

  5. 5.Please apply for financial aid at least two weeks prior to the start of class in order to process your financial aid application on time for classes.

Please contact us for additional information regarding accreditation, financial assistance, tuition costs and payment options. Additionally, you can use our Net Price Calculator to learn more about the financial assistance opportunities that may be available to you.

Sherrill’s University of Barber and Cosmetology does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, ethnic origin, color, or religion.

Gainful Employment Disclosures

Generally, in order to be eligible for funding under the Higher Education Act Title IV student assistance programs, an educational program must lead to a degree at a non-profit or public institution or it must prepare students for "gainful employment in a recognized occupation."  Therefore, with very few exceptions, any non-degree program offered by non-profit or public institutions and all educational programs offered at for-profit institutions must lead to gainful employment.

bottom of page